Friday, January 18, 2008

The Meanderings of a Bored Mind

I am sitting here at work, staring out of the window. They say that people in offices shouldnt stare out of the window in the morning because then they will have nothing to do in the afternoon...well, haha...

It's quiet at work today, the 42c temperature might have something to do with it. I was busy this mornijng, mowing lawns, stacking things in storage, general cleanups outside and all, but it got too hot, so I have retreated inside to the smooth syren like call of my airconditioner.

Some days I am the life of the party, hard working, self starting...you know...right on the ball, other days, like today, I am a bit lethargic, and I dont know that it's the heat. Perhaps I need a large cleansing shit or something...or perhaps I need some excitement in my life, good excitement, not terrifying excitement let me add.

A good fantasy always works, not necessarily sexual, but I'm not fussy right now.

I am going on a big holiday in a month or so, maybe that's the problem. You know when you are approaching your holidays and all you can think about is getting away and you get into holiday mode about 2 weeks out? Well I am about eight weeks out, but it's a bloody big holiday!

Globe trotting through 5 countries sounds great apart from the expense. Perhaps there lies my fantasy and my excitement all together. I am staying away from middle eastern countries, not from any prejudice, but merely from a safety thing. I would love one of them to be America but alas, next trip. I am sure I will meet Americans on my journey, they travel a lot. My dear old Dad travelled a bit and he said Americans came in two types, the savvy, seasoned individuals that were aware of the outside world, and then there was the insular travellers who thought that when English failed to communicate with anyone, LOUD English would succeed. I imagine there are insular travellers of all nations, he just thought that the USA had a slight monopoly.

So here I sit, waiting...waiting for...something...a holiday... a customer...the phone to ring. I sit here and watch the flies and lizards and the other flying stinging biting insects hover outside my window. The ones inside get short shrift from my trusty can of flyspray. The flyspray is crap...but when you hit them with the can it works great.

We had a snake in the ladies toilet once. Lady complained... "There's something in the toilet!". I thought she meant a frog or huge turd or something. No.. loe and behold, curled up under the rim of the toilet almost completely out of sight was a 4 foot carpet python. Wouldn't you need councelling if that thing came up between your legs while you were taking an unsuspecting crap??

We got it out in the end and "released" it far far away. (never far enough!!!) How???.. with four burly Policemen, one Ranger, one Animal Carer, three bemused visitors, two frightened employees, three hand guns, one shotgun, and most useful of all, a stick with a loop of string on the end to go around the snake's neck!

That's definately not the type of excitement I am looking for right now...perhaps that sexual fantasy..where did I put my Penthouse magazine?

No comments: